Today, I’m not going to rave about a product. In fact, I’m going to tell you a product that I’ve been searching for – the perfect drugstore setting powder. Here’s a few that I tried. Just remember, none of them have given me perfect results.
- E.L.F. High Definition Powder in Sheer: I found this product to be unflattering. People stopped and commented about how much glitter I had on my face. I am not a fan of glittery products and I am definitely not a fan of surprise glitter in products. To top it off, this product didn’t set very well. It was easy to become powdery on my dry skin and visible to everyone who looked at me.
- NYX Cosmetics Stay Matte Not Flat Powder Foundation: You’re probably thinking that it was a poor choice to try this product with my dry skin, but I watched a YouTube video where someone with dry skin recommended this product (and the matching liquid foundation), so I figured I would try it. I didn’t realize that I had large pores until I put this product on. I wasn’t matte at all, just cakey.
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder: I really wanted to like this product. YouTubers were raving about it. I loved the idea of a little extra coverage. Somehow, this pressed powder made product slide off my face. Every time I wear it, I am desperate to take off my makeup. You can’t even brush my skin without product coming off and it is oily. If you were to record a video where I wore this product and then speed it up, you would be watching the makeup from my forehead make its way to my nose. I actually made a significant dent in this product – I wanted so badly to like it – but I just can’t make it work.
- Wet n Wild Coverall Pressed Powder: This worked better than the Photo Focus powder for me. It looks pretty upon initial application, but it quickly goes from pretty to pore clogging.
- NYX Cosmetics Studio Finishing Powder: Admittedly, I have bought this powder several times. It works pretty well and if you use a light hand, it seems to hold everything nicely. This used to be a holy grail product for me – until I tried the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Silk HD Powder. I prefer loose powder and that one made my face feel so wonderful, I now have trouble loving the NYX powder. The It Cosmetics powder is more than twice the price and only has .o2 oz of more powder, so I repurchase NYX.
Please let me know if you have any powder recommendations! I’m always trying new make up…even when I don’t need to.