If you’ve read my introduction then you know I am here to talk about cruelty-free beauty products with you. I thought the best way to start would be to sure my top five beauty products with you. These are products that I love, use frequently, and would/have repurchase.
Let me start by reminding you that I have incredibly dry skin and have been diagnosed with rosacea. Many of the products I am mentioning are specially for those with dry skin, but not all of there. SPF is also incredibly important to me. I have warn SPF nearly everyday since I was fourteen. Let me begin.
1) It Cosmetics You’re Skin But Better CC Cream With SPF 50+: I have been using this product for years and have purchased the product at least four times. There have been many times where I have tried to find better alternative, but I simply can not. It is $38 for 1.08oz, which is really my biggest qualm. It claims to be a full coverage product and I do find it to be buildable, but I often sheer it our using a damp beauty sponge. It offers much fuller coverage with a brush. This product looks very natural and healthy, providing a nice glow. I will use this product on it’s own when I’m walking my dog or with other make up for a full faced look when going to a party. The SPF of 50 is what drew me to this product, as I am always looking for base products with at least SPF 30. The founder of this brand also has rosacea and her understanding shows through in the product. I recently ran out of the product and desperately cut the bottle open to get another application. This is my top recommended product for those with rosacea and dry skin.
2) Paula’s Choice CALM Redness Relief SPF 30 Mineralized Moisturizer for Normal to Dry Skin: This is another product that I have repurchased several times. It is $29 for 2oz of product, but I have been unable to find a moisturizer that works so well with my skin and has an SPF of 30. This really melts into my skin and helps combat the rosacea flareups that I get from sun exposure. The SPF does not interfere with primers, as long as you allow the moisturizer to sink into your skin because applying primer. I have had a lot of difficulty in the past with SPF causing primers and foundation to roll off my skin. This does not do that. I will continue to purchase this product.
3) Milani Moisture Lock Oil-Infused Treatment: I am constantly on a search to find the perfect lip balm. I hate potted lip balms that have to be applied with the finger (Though an honorable mention to Milani Keep It Smooth Luxe Lip Treatment) and prefer products that come in tubes. I have three different “flavors” of this product and would not be surprised if I had up with all eight. I have the moisturizing, repairing, and revitalizing options. These product provided last moisture, plump my lips, and removed lines I wasn’t aware I had. I had never been concerned with aging lines in my lips, but after applying this product I noticed how young and supple my lips looked. It is $8 per a lip treatment and very much worth the money.
4) Paula’s Choice SKIN RECOVERY Enriched Calming Toner: Another Paula’s Choice product, as I feel this brand really takes skincare seriously. Let me start by saying that I love toners. I believe that they are one of the most important steps in my skincare routine and I do rotate between three different ones. However, this toner is the one I use the most. While it is not specifically for rosacea, it is a calming toner for dry skin. On days when I feel dry and dehydrated (at least once a day), I will apply this product. After a long day or a workout, it feel like a spa treatment. My skin loves this product more than anything else I have ever tried. I don’t think I will ever be without it.
5) Pacifica Coconut Micellar Water Cleaning Tonic: Micellar waters are controversial to some people, but I love the way the clean my skin without stripping moisture from my face. Admittedly, I also hate rinsing my face in the sink. This product smells a bit like coconut (also a bit like crayons) and it throughly cleans my skin. This is a great first step to be followed by my Paula’s Choice Toner. It also gets bonus point for being vegan.
These are my top five favorite beauty products! Let me know if you’ve tried these products, would like to try these products, or have any similar (or better!) products. Thank you so much for reading and you’ll be hearing from my soon!